Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hidden sin = yarn stash?

At the convent we have a great system. We get different priests from the area to come and celebrate the Eucharist. So we get a lot of different traditions. The priest of the day was one who adds prayers here and there. Well he was praying as he was washing his hands and I had basically tune out what was going on until I heard...."save me from my hidden sins." All of a sudden my mind flashed to the 4 pats of white buffalo yarn and the bag of grass green baby cotton that were stuffed in the back of my closet.
Yarn stash is it a hidden sin? I hope not or I'm in trouble!

6 comments:

Claire Joy said...

Well that may be why those sins are called "hidden". If it wern't for Grace, we'd all be in trouble. Welcome to the ring. :)

Cathy said...

Yarn stash is exempt from being a hidden sin. If one knits, one must have stash.

Anonymous said...

smiling here.... Blessings from Ireland...

Anonymous said...

I facilitated an afternoon on the Spirituality of Knitting a few weeks ago. It included a segment on the spiritual temptations that come to us through knitting. We had a lot of discussion about stashes.

Like many temptations, there is a true good (the knitting, especially when we do it for others) that can somehow go awry. One person said, "If the stash is larger than I could knit in the rest of my life, it's probably too big."

There was no one there who did not have some yarn tucked away. Our exploration revealed quite a few temptations specific to knitting, and some really deep examen as to the source of them.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Sister Edith

Thashizknit said...

Oh no, not all at for me at least. My stash isn't hidden!

Sarah SSM said...

I have a feeling half the sisters in my community would be in deep trouble if that were the case... Including myself, of course!