Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cheep Alpaca!


I have been reading the book Mindful knitting by Tara Jon Manning. It is a wonderful book and I have found great insights in to the spiritual side of knitting. So I decided to do one of the projects. The intention focus garter stitch scarf but I kicked it up a notch by the yarn I used. I bought baby alpaca sport. You can tell for the name of the blog that I am a nun. So buying alpaca is usually not in my price range. But I decided that I need a treat and it was on sale. It was a wonderful experience!( well sort of.) It was like knitting with butter. I knit the scarf in an evening but as the evening worn on I realized that my neck was very itchy and I had red spots on my neck too. Gasp! am I allergic to alpaca? No this can not be! A knitter allergic to alpaca. No! Then a idea came to me. It was on sale, making it cheep alpaca. That must be the problem I am allergic to cheep alpaca. Right?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Knitting into the Mystery is another great book to read in regards to knitting spiritually.

Anonymous said...

Join the club sister. Also I love nice yarns, and they are often not within my price range.
Your story is quite interesting. Maybe we should rub the wool against our necks before buying it. ahah
Thanks for your story
Bernadette